Gesa Heinacher-Lindemann, LL.M (Miami)
Senior Vice President, Group Compliance Officer of DNV GL SE
Ms. Heinacher-Lindemann has comprehensive, practical experience in a multinational company with 14,000 employees in more than 100 countries. She is member of the Corporate Sustainability Board and Finance Management Board and reports to the Board of Directors and CEO.
- Since 2013: Establishment of a group wide compliance program incl. anti-corruption, anti-trust, export control and data protection
- 2012: EU coordination role with a group wide strategy towards EU institutions as well as the set-up of transparent and efficient lobby work based on a strong institutional network of coordinated experts and management, joining forces on EU issues.
- 2008: Establishment of a compliance organisation and nomination as Global Compliance Officer. Compliance organisation as state-of-the-art approach with reporting line to Executive Board and Supervisory Board including handling of compliance cases.
- 1999 – 2012: Global General Counsel of Germanischer Lloyd SE: establishment of group legal department advising the Executive Board and management globally in corporate, contract litigation matters as well as intellectual property and global insurance and compliance matters and leading a team of 24 employees in Hamburg, London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur and Houston.
- 1996 – 2000: Project leader of major change project with structural and process changes for the entire organisation
- 1990 – 1998: Secretary (Geschäftsführung) of the European Association of the Classification Societies. Establishment of the association, lobby work towards European bodies, concerning maritime legislation under chairmanship of GL, RINA and Bureau Veritas.
- Stages in formal training included:
- 2015: participation in a one year Global Leadership Program for Executives (INSEAD)
- 1987/1988: Master of Law program, University of Miami, Florida, with scholarship of Rotary International, USA, Master Thesis “Carriers, Liability and the International Multimodal Transportation”
- 1987: Traineeship at EU Commission DG XI Environment, Brussels, with scholarship of the European Commission. Work mainly focussed on the settlement of disputes between member states and the EEC.