Welcome to the 2021 Summer Academy Application Process.
The Summer Academy 2021 will take place in Hamburg from August 1. to 27. in Hamburg, Germany. On this site, you can apply to participate.
Before you start, please make sure that you have
- downloaded “Summer Academy in a Nutshell” for further reference
- read and understood the Course Fees, Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
- read all further instructions on this page.
Due to changes in the Summer Academy’s management, this year’s session will differ slightly from those of past years. Still, for a general idea of what to expect, we recommend looking into the 2019 Summer Academy documentation, 2019 Class Diary and 2019 Faculty.
Below, you will find the application form that you need to fill out to apply for this year’s Summer Academy. Please be aware that you will be required to enter personal and contact data, information about your academic and employment history as well as short texts explaining your motivation to apply. Please prepare accordingly and plan enough time, as the form will not be saved between browser sessions.
In addition to time, the following files will need to be uploaded in the course of this application form:
- Copies of your university certificates, combined into one single pdf-file not exceeding 30 MB.
- A copy of your TOEFL or IELTS certificate, if you have one, as one pdf-file not exceeding 10 MB. A language certificate is not required if English is your native language or you have successfully participated in an academic program with a thesis in English.
- If you have them already, two recent reference letters from referees that can attest to your abilities qualifying you for participation (as pdf-files not exceeding 10 MB each). These letters can alternatively be sent separately by the referees themselves to our email-address at a later point, but within the application period. In either case, you will have to enter the names, positions and email-addresses of both referees in this application form.
The application form will be available from Monday, 8 February 2021 until Friday, 30 April 2021.
Please expect information about the outcome of your application no earlier than 15 May 2021 and refrain from any enquiries prior to that date.
Please note that those who have already applied for the Summer Academy in 2020 do not need to apply again, as their application remains valid.